Last Updated: March 03, 2020
These terms and conditions lay out the rules for the Career Success Guarantee.
What is the Career Success Guarantee?
The Career Success Guarantee provides Eligible Students with 50% of their program fees back should they not have received a Qualifying Job Offer or started a role in the 18 months following their completion of the program, subject to the student having fulfilled their Student Responsibilities. In addition, you must activate the Guarantee between enrolling and your online start date by signing these terms and returning them to your Enrollment Manager.
Who is considered an Eligible Student?
An Eligible Student is someone who meets three criteria:
- You must be legally authorised to work in the US from the time you complete your program
- You must be 21 years of age or older when you start your program
- You must have completed a 4-year undergraduate degree prior to the end of the program.
If you do not meet all three criteria, you will not be considered an Eligible Student and you will not be able to use the Career Success Guarantee.
What counts as a Qualifying Job Offer?
Any job offer you receive, or role you commence will be considered a Qualifying Job Offer if it meets each of five criteria relating to Time Period, Compensation, Industry, Employment Type and Form of Offer.
1. Time period
It is received or commenced within 18 months of the completion of your fieldwork program.
It provides Acceptable Compensation. Acceptable Compensation is a package that includes a base salary or an hourly rate or is based on commission. Acceptable compensation also includes any package that provides an allowance for travel, meal, and housing. Any revenue stream derived from a role commenced that is sufficient to cover travel, meal and housing costs would also count as acceptable compensation.
An offer or role in any industry or focus area is acceptable as long as it positively contributes to at least one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
4. Employment Type
A job offer is classed as successful if the work status it confers is full time, part-time, freelance, contract-based, an apprenticeship, an internship, independent contractor or in a self-employed role.
5. Offer Form
The job offer can be made verbally or in writing. For self-employed roles no offer is required.
What are my Student Responsibilities?
Student Responsibilities are your duties and responsibilities during the program, after the program and those relating to program fees.
During the program
- You must have successfully completed the full program, including all online and in-person assignments and exercises. If you fail to complete the full program due to medical, personal, psychological or other reasons, the Career Success Guarantee will not be valid and you will not be eligible for it
- You must have achieved an “Advanced competency” grade in your online coursework and in your final project
- You must not breach or have breached the code of conduct
- Your overall behavior must have been satisfactory and you must have participated in all theory and practical elements of the program.
After the program
- You must complete at least three mock interviews with career services each month
- You must notify career services within 24 hours of receiving a job offer, with full details of the job offer
- You must demonstrate good faith efforts to any active job offer
- You must be responsive to communications from career services
- You must attend a meeting with career services once a week
- You must apply to at least 10 different employers each month and be able to provide documentary proof of the application submissions.
We reserve the right to request any documentary proof of your communication and interaction with prospective employers. We also reserve the right to contact any prospective employers regarding your job application. In order to claim on this guarantee you must authorize prospective employers to communicate with us regarding your job application when we request you to do so. Failure to do so will make you ineligible for this Career Success Guarantee.
- Your program fees must have been paid in full, with no discounts or scholarships applied
We retain full and sole discretion for determining your eligibility for claims under this guarantee. Should you be eligible for a refund under this guarantee, you will receive the funds 90 days after the determination is made.